Precision agriculture (PA), satellite farming or site specific crop management (SSCM) is a farming management concept based on observing, measuring and responding to inter and intra-field variability in crops. The goal of precision agriculture research is to define a decision support system (DSS) for whole farm management with the goal of optimizing returns on inputs while preserving resources. | Source: wikipedia.
Table of contents
- Awesome projects and cool demos
- Additional resources
- Partners and startups
Precision agriculture help farmers to monitor the health of individual crops in your field and adapt to differences in soil types, sunlight, and slope.
Read this storymap to learn more about precision agriculture.
There are a set of products in the ArcGIS platform you should know when you are doing precision agriculture:
- ArcGIS Online (for cloud storage and sharing)
- Collector, Survey123, Drone2Map, and Workforce for ArcGIS (field work).
- ArcGIS Desktop, GeoAnalytics and Insights (analysis).
- GeoEvent (real time processing)
- ArcGIS Image Server
- ArcGIS Spatial Analyst
Learn more about how ArcGIS allows you to collect, maintain, and analyze all your agriculture field data in one centralized system. It will help to integrate high-resolution imagery, field observations, and real-time data feeds to understand how to make the most of your limited resources | Learn more about ArcGIS in Agriculture .
If you are interested in precision agriculture you should be familiar with remote sensing and also learn more about:
- UAVs (drones): and how to create: orthomosaics, point clouds, ...
- Imagery: how to analyse imagery with ArcGIS to: calculate different vegetation and soils indices (NDVI, SAVI, ...), do binary thresholding segmentations, ...
- IoT & Big Data: create real time dashboards, run geostatistic models, ...
|Precision Agriculture with GIS imagery by Beck's Hybrids||11min 36secs||UC 2015|
|Imagery in ArcGIS for Agriculture||1h 4min 49secs||2018|
|Esri Agriculture User Group Webinar||53min 40secs||2016|
Awesome projects and cool demos
- Esca disease of grapevine - (storymap by Team Dev , Esri's Partner)
- Imágenes Satélite en la agricultura: desafíos y utilidad
- UAM:Uso de Agricultura de Precisión para identificar desórdenes nutricionales en viñedos - CEsri17
- ArcGIS y la agricultura
- La Vendimia (Storymap)
- Desarrollo rural con ArcGIS
- Bodegas Torres (caso de éxito): utiliza la Plataforma ArcGIS para tomar mejores decisiones en su negocio y proteger la calidad de la uva.
Other related list of resources
- EVNI: image analysis software of choice for image scientists, image analysts, and GIS professionals to extract accurate and meaningful information from all kinds of data
- Choosing a UAV for Agriculture
- How are UAVs Advancing Precision Agriculture
Partners and startups
Organizations with expertise on this topic and also in the ArcGIS Platform.
|SRM||Drone flights, orthomosaics creation, ...||Ipsilum||Spain|