ArcGIS Runtime SDK for iOS integrates a wide range of mapping and GIS capabilities online or offline, including editing, analysis, geocoding, routing, management of web maps, data visualization, mobile map packages, and vector tiled layers.
Table of contents
- Download the Runtime SDK for iOS
- Awesome projects & cool demos
- Support and Community
- Additional resources
- Awesome lists for iOS
The ArcGIS Runtime SDK for iOS Samples is the technology you may want to use if you want to build your iOS application in Swift or Objective-C. If you are interested on building iOS applications but not necessarily using this language you could also use:
- ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET + Xamarin, using C# with Xamarin you can build application which runs on Android, iOS and Windows Phones.
- ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Qt: using C++ & QML you can also build application for Android and iOS.
As last resource, you may even consider to make an application or prototype as fast as possible (without writing any code), in this case you should also consider using some of our app builders, like AppStudio or Survey123.
And remember, before reinventing the wheel check the existing Esri mobile apps and consider if it make sense for you to integrate with any of the existings before doing an strong investment.
- Mobile map package - Swift & Objective-C: is a file object (.mmpk) created in ArcGIS Pro. It is a transport mechanism for maps, their layers, data, networks, and locators. A mobile map package can be sideloaded onto a device by email, or by platform-specific transfer mechanism, or it can be downloaded from a portal to the device. It available for applications developed using ArcGIS Runtime SDK starting with version 100.0.
Less than 20 minutes tutorials: iOS DevLabs
|DevSummit 2017||ArcGIS Runtime SDK for iOS and macOS: Building Apps||1h 3min 44secs|
|DevSummit 2017||Turbocharge Feature Display On iOS With Popups||28min 52secs|
|DevSummit 2017||Make Your iOS Apps Come Alive With Map Animations||23min 29secs|
|DevSummit 2016||Building iOS and Mac Apps with the ArcGIS Runtime||1h 0min 26secs|
Download the Runtime SDK for iOS
- Developer site:
You can also search at any other Esri's Github accounts.
Awesome projects & cool demos
Support and Community
- Stackoverflow questions: [ios] and [arcgis] or [ios] and [esri]
- Sometimes is worth to combine GeoNet with the Github issues of an specific repo
If you have an idea you can also share it on ArcGIS Ideas -> ArcGIS Runtime
People you should know
Please find the ArcGIS Experts on this topic using this tool:
They don't work on the support team and some may even not work at Esri, but they are opening some projects and sharing insights related to this technology so we recommend you to follow them.
- News tagged as "iOS" at blogs.esri.com
- "iOS" at esri.com search engine
- Blog Posts about "iOS" inside Places at GeoNet
- Twitter accounts:
Awesome lists for iOS
You will find a lot of interesting resources to learn an improve your skills with iOS: