GeoRSS is a specification for encoding location as part of a Web feed.
Table of contents
- Quick overview
- Additional documentation
- Tools & Samples
- Additional resources
- Purpose: In GeoRSS, location content consists of geographical points, lines, and polygons of interest and related feature descriptions. GeoRSS feeds are designed to be consumed by geographic software such as map generators.
- Data type: vector
- Type of format: GIS
- Multi-file format: No
- File type: plain-text
- File extension(s): .xml
- Originally developed by: Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) (2008)
- Technical description/Specification/Schema: URL
- License: Unknown
- Regulated by: OGC
- Status: OGC standard
- Sample file(s): Copernicus Emergency Management Service
- Consumable by:
Links to other additional resources, news, ..
Tools & Samples
Github projects, format validator, conversion tools (Data interoperability, etc), codesharing.arcgis.com, ...
- Koop: An Open Geospatial ETL Engine that can translate into the Geoservices specification supported by the ArcGIS.
- developer-support samples
Other pages in the awesome list that could be helpful for the target audience of this page (or third party awesome lists), third party MOOCs, related pages inside the awesome related to this topic, etc.