Goal: compile everything a user or developer interested in this topic should know about it in the Esri World.
XML notation for expressing geographic annotation and visualization within Internet-based, two-dimensional maps and three-dimensional Earth browsers.
Table of contents
- Purpose: XML notation for expressing geographic annotation and visualization
- Data type: vector
- Type of format: GIS
- Multi-file format: No
- File type: plain-text
- File extension(s): .kml
- Originally developed by: Keyhole, Inc., Google (2004)
- Technical description/specification: KML specs
- License: read license
- Regulated by: Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC)
- Status: OGC standard
- Sample file(s): URL(s)/Pending
- Consumable by: Esri products supporting it
Links to other additional resources, news, ..
Github projects, conversion tools (Data interoperability, etc), ...
- Koop: An Open Geospatial ETL Engine that can translate into the Geoservices specification supported by the ArcGIS.