Virtual Reality Developers
Table of contents
- People you should know
- Related resources
- Additional resources
This video can help you understand what can be done with ArcGIS and virtual.
To build you own applications using ArcGIS scenarios you first need to build the scenario using City Engine and then you will be able to export it and consume it using Unity.
To be able to build your own VR applications using ArcGIS scenarios you should learn about City Engine and Unity:
- Awesome list: City Engine
- Awesome list: Unity assets, resources, and more
- How to: CityEngine VR Experience for Unreal Studio
- Creating LiDAR-Based Heightmaps in Unity 3D (Using ArcGIS)
- The CityEngine VR Experience for Unreal Studio
Here have collected some video and sample projects using different headsets.
- Video: First Time with the Oculus Rift (ESRI CityEngine SIGGRAPH '13)
- Video: IDEAbuilder - Digital Fabrication and Smart 3D City Models in Virtual Reality
People you should know
Please find the ArcGIS Experts (story tellers and developers) on this topic here: https://esri-es.github.io/arcgis-experts/?topic=Virtual%20Reality%20(VR))
They don't work on the support team and some may even not work at Esri, but they are opening some projects and sharing insights related to this technology so we recommend you to follow them.
To learn or improve your skills with VR here check these curated lists of awesome resources about: