Performance in web applications
Table of contents
- Load time
- Drawing features
- People you should know
- Web GL & HTTP2 & Protocol Buffer & CDNs: high-performance feature layers (supported natively by WebGL)
- Dot Density Renderer (demos: Dot Density Legend & Houston Housing growth)
- Advanced symbology and rendering on the client-side
- The client-side geometry engine: for testing, measuring, and analyzing the spatial relationship between two or more 2D geometries.
- Web assembly: from versions 4.7 and 3.24 the client-side projection engine will only load in browsers that support WebAssembly.
In addition to the performance best practices on the ArcGIS Platform the performance can be improved as explained here.
Videos / Technical talks
Drawing more than 1000 interactive entities.
Using feature services
If you are trying... explanation in spanish
People you should know
Please find the ArcGIS Experts (story tellers and developers) on this topic here: https://esri-es.github.io/arcgis-experts/?topic=Performance
They don't work on the support team and some may even not work at Esri, but they are opening some projects and sharing insights related to this technology so we recommend you to follow them.