ArcGIS Online REST API
ArcGIS Online provide a set of endpoints that will allow us to manage content, search data, use ready to use services (geocoding and place search, directions and routing, demographics, analysis) and much more.
Table of contents
- Getting started
- Additional resources
In the ArcGIS REST API official documentation you will find everything about how to use ArcGIS Online APIs. There are hundreds of endpoints to do things like:
- Manage items: databases, files, permissions, apps, ...
- Manage an organization: members, groups, settings, ...
- Consume data: Living Atlas, Open Data, ArcGIS user community, ...
- Access public and free services: geometry engine, place search, ...
- Authenticate: to access premium services, your private content, ...
You can access or manage any product built on top of the ArcGIS Online using it's API. For example: Living Atlas, ArcGIS Hub, ArcGIS Marketplace, ...
If you want to jump directly to the code you can do find some tutorials in the ArcGIS Dev Labs.
- ArcGIS REST API official documentation
- Location-based services
- Using the ArcGIS REST Query Page (filter and query content)
- Introductory guide to Hosted Feature Service
Warning: some products like the Living Atlas, ArcGIS Hub, ArcGIS Marketplace, etc haven't got (yet) any specific documentation about their APIs, so you might need to do some reverse engineering
|DevSummit 2020||Hosted Feature Services Webhooks||5min|
|DevSummit 2020||Node.js and Browser Applications with ArcGIS REST JS||49min 43secs|
|GeoDev Webinar 2019||ArcGIS REST JS: Portal and Server API||1h|
|DevSummit 2019||Interacting with Hosted Feature Layers through the REST API||29min 43secs|
|n.a.||Using the ArcGIS REST Query Page||8min 24secs|
ArcGIS-API-REST: Postman collections for ArcGIS REST APIs
ArcGIS REST API wrappers:
- ArcGIS Online:
- ArcGIS API for Python: Accessing and creating content
- arcgis-python-api: Documentation and samples for ArcGIS API for Python
- ArcGIS Hub:
- Fiddler: web debugging tool for logging HTTP/S traffic. Inspect traffic, mock requests/responses, share sessions, collaborate within teams to debug issues.
About ArcGIS Open Data:
- ArcGIS for Developers: Improved ArcGIS REST API Documentation
- ArcGIS API for Python Core Concepts Part 1: Python, APIs, and REST
- ArcGIS Open Data tag at blogs.esri.com
- @EsriDC at twitter
Related products or technologies
- Koop: Transform, query, and download geospatial data on the web. (support ArcGIS REST API as an output)